Job Title: Mold Repair Tech
Date Posted: 5/18/2018 12:12:34 PM
Century Mold, a leading North American Automotive plastics supplier, is looking for a Mold Repair Technician to fill an immediate opening on B-shift. Duties include testing, inspecting, troubleshooting and repairing faulty or damaged molds. Need to have his or her own mechanics tools and good mechanical reasoning skills and the ability to trouble shoot. Knowledge of machining and injection mold tooling is a plus.
Mold Repair Technicians start at a competitive hourly wage and participate in a bonus program. Additionally, Century Mold offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes paid vacation and holidays, 401(k) matching, HSA contributions, and medical and dental plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Test, inspect, troubleshoot, and repair faulty or damaged tooling
- Analyze drawings, sketches, and design data of parts to determine tool specifications and tolerances
- Perform preventative maintenance on molds
- Assist manufacturing by performing slide changes or diagnosing tools at press
- Perform other repairs, corrections, and engineering changes to molds as requested
- Responsible for adhering to and maintaining all quality system procedures and requirements related to the position
Education and/or Experience
Four to ten years related experience and/or training with Journeyman or Master craftsman certification; or equivalent combination of education and experience. TIG welding is a plus, but not necessary.
Mastercam and/or Unigraphics NX is a plus, but not necessary.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Special vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.