Job Title: Quality Engineer- A Shift
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner by getting along with customers, clients, co-workers, supervisors, managers, and all other employees.
- Responsible for adhering to and maintaining all quality system procedures and requirements related to the position.
- Must adhere to all safety rules and company policies, as well as enforce the compliance and implementation of each through subordinates.
- Attendance/punctuality: is consistently at work and on time; ensures that the Attendance Policy is enforced consistently through subordinates.
- Maintain Quality Control documentation/folders to include:
- Monitor sheets
- Product history
- Sample locations
- Parts approved folder
- Blue prints
- Quality alerts
- Mold transfers
- Anstat data
- Reviews and dispositions supplier PPAP submissions including generation of receiving inspection sampling plan as required.
- Administers training program including testing requirements for hourly personnel.
- Supervision of Quality Inspectors.
- Develop and initiate standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (continued)
- Implement companywide continuous improvement tools and techniques to improve productivity, eliminate waste and streamline operations.
- Receive and coordinate the resolution of customer complaints.
- Devise sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality data.
- Develop and maintain company PFMEAs, Process Flow, CAPA, and other related documentation.
- Establish and maintain company calibration program to evaluate accuracy of testing and measurement equipment.
- Implement methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant materials.
- Ability to work effectively with cross functional teams including internal, supplier and customer groups.
- Use collaboration and consensus to resolve issues.
- Ability to solve simple to complex problems in an innovative and decisive manner.
- Abide by all company initiatives such as 5S and Lean.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; GD&T knowledge. Overnight travel based upon company plant and/or customer need (< 15%).
Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite; Statistical software use such as Minitab and/or ANSTAT preferred; Ability to learn new software as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to an office environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Century Mold offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes annual bonus, paid vacation and holidays, 401(k) matching, HSA contributions, and medical, dental and vision plans.
Century Mold is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal consideration to all qualified applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation and gender identity, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.
Century Mold offers reasonable accommodation in the employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application process to accommodate a disability, you may request accommodation at any time by contacting the Human Resources Department.